Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Room

Happy New Year!

I couldn't let 2010 end without accomplishing one of the things that has been on my to-do list for months: finishing the kids bedroom!

With close to two weeks off from my day job I finally had time to paint and add the last few touches (for now) that have turned the room into a warm and comfortable space that the kids and I both love.

Just to refresh, here are some before's and mid-way points.

Since that time I've added these Urban Outfitter-inspired, semi-homemade pillowcases with an iron-on transfer, bought this rug (which I found in the as-is section of Ikea for $9 and had professionally cleaned for $45, saving me over $100), gave this side table a bright new look, and purchased these pillowcases from West Elm.

I also hung the silhouettes I created for the kids last year, as well as the Smokey the Bear poster I found at the thrift store (see more about that adventure here.)

Finally I chose a light, warm gray for the walls, Benjamin Moore's Gray Owl.

So, without further ado, here it is! I hope you like it.






2 comments:

Annamarina said...

Looks beautiful! I'm sure the girls love it!

Kristin said...

I love it too! Great job! But honestly, AM and I never had any doubt it would be beautiful :)