Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tool Time



While the Mr. was out to dinner the other night I decided to finally hang some curtains in our bedroom. As I mentioned last week when I updated our bed pillows, we were thinking that a full wall of curtains could be nice here, but then I realized that I already had a curtain rod, brackets and two brown velvet panels sitting in the garage unused – they used to live in the kids room but had been replaced by the bright white linen panels when we redid some of their new room d├ęcor. You know how I love to shop from my own house (the prices can’t be beat and the customer service is outta this world) so even though they weren’t 100% what I wanted, I decided they would work perfectly.

I gathered up all my important tools – hammer, screwdriver, stud finder, drill and level – and got to work. It took me about 30 minutes and required a couple of extra drill holes before I got the rod hung level (or as close as it was going to get) but I was able to get two of the brackets into the studs (the right one is just in the drywall.) Hopefully its stronger friends can pull the weight for this guy or I’ll get a curtain rod to the head some night in my sleep.

Here’s the finished product:



I definitely think a full wall curtain would make a more dramatic statement, but I love that this addition brings a bit more elegance into the bedroom. I also like how it ties in to the brown bed frame and bedside table color, and masks the unattractive window (which we’re hoping to replace, along with most of the windows and doors in our home.)

PS - I'm confident that the calories I burned while hanging this curtain warrant a pumpkin Pinkberry!


No comments: