Thursday, November 18, 2010

La La Land

Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend the morning in Malibu with my older daughter, where she was shooting a commercial in the backyard of a private home.

It was a beautiful morning driving up the Pacific Coast Highway, and warm enough for us to spot plenty of surfers and bikers along the way. When we finally approached our destination we made our way down a long gravel driveway to one of the most amazing homes I've ever seen. I felt like I was instantly transported into a Nancy Myers movie (Something's Gotta Give, It's Complicated) with its beautiful Hamptons meets Cape Cod meets Santa Barbara feel. I couldn't get a good pic from the front since it was full of trucks and vans, but here's a shot of the back of the house from the sprawling yard:



And one of the pool area:


Unfortunately I never made it inside the house, but I had fun imagining it full of all sorts of amazing clean, beachy interiors.

By noon I was headed to the airport for a quick overnight trip to San Francisco, but I snapped this beauty on my way out the driveway:


Sometimes amidst the traffic and the smog and the hectic pace I forget how lucky I am to live in a place where I can spend a November morning in the warmth of a sundrenched backyard belonging to a complete stranger while my daughter has the most lucrative playdate one could imagine. Thanks LA.

No comments: