Monday, September 13, 2010

Fashion's (and Carly's) Night Out!

In Sex and the City 2, Carrie Bradshaw admits that she’s “been cheating on fashion with furniture.” Well, on Friday night, I cheated on furniture with a little fashion.

My talented, funny and chic friend, and E!’s Daily 10 fashion correspondent, Amanda Garrigus, invited me to be her plus one for Los Angeles’ Fashion’s Night Out – a global initiative to celebrate and support the fashion and retailer industries. How lucky am I?!

Here we are, yapping away as usual!
*

We started the night with a show at the Beverly Center kicked off by LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Perez Hilton, Stephanie Pratt, Angelica Huston, Randolph Duke, Will.i.am, and others, and featuring collections from several of the mall’s most fashionable tenants, including two of my faves – Politix and Traffic.


*

Then we made our way up to an all denim presentation at Macy’s, hosted by Louise Roe (also host of the TV show, Plain Jane.) I wanted to change out of my dress and into some Frankie B’s right then and there!

Louise Roe and Frankie B. Creator and Owner, Daniella Clarke
*

After we wrapped at the Beverly Center we made our way to Rodeo Drive, which was closed to car traffic to accommodate a beautiful yellow ferris wheel that had been erected in the 200 block of the street. I later found out it was a replica of the George Washington Gale Ferris Jr. invention (which made its debut at the World's Columbian Exposition in 1893.)



Rodeo Drive was buzzing with foot traffic, yellow balloons and food trucks aplenty. I particularly loved the Hermes store’s gold mylar horse balloons (unfortunately they ran out hours before we arrived) and the two men standing outside of the store with black horse heads (a signature icon for the brand.)



A quick stop up to the genlux party at the Luxe hotel (which included a yummy mini burger and mojito) and we were off to Decades, a beautiful purveyor of vintage couture and accoutrements from the 1960s and '70s. Unfortunately we were about 10 minutes too late, as their party was just wrapping up, so we called it a night and headed to Chaya for some delicious food, drinks and conversation.

By the time I arrived home I was so happy to kick-off my shoes and rest. As Leon rubbed my feet (yes, I’m a fortunate woman) I reflected on the fabulous night full of inspiration and laughs, and realized that I need to infuse more haute couture into my happy home. No more cheating for me – fashion, furniture and I have officially started a poly-amorous love affair.

*Photos by Anna Webber/Getty Images North America

No comments: